These nice cream bowls blend delicious pitaya with banana and almond milk for a wonderful treat!
Pitaya nice cream is like a delicious and refreshing soft serve! Made with just 3 ingredients, its easy too! Pitaya is another name for Dragon Fruit. You can find it in the frozen section at most grocery stores that have a natural section. It is bright pink and super pleasing to the eye for good reason! Dragon Fruit is known to be detoxifying for your liver and is packed with antioxidants. It also has antibacterial and immune boosting qualities. Dragonfruit has a higher amount of calcium than other fruits. Its really an amazing fruit!
I kept this recipe super simple; only 3 ingredients and then whatever toppings you want. Pitaya is mildly sweet. If you happen to like your smoothie bowls super sweet, consider additional fruit or a drizzle of honey to help sweeten it.
A high speed blender is really important to make this pitaya nice cream. I have used both Blendtec and Vitamix; both work well. A regular blender will not have the ability to blend this as creamy and smooth as soft serve ice cream.
If you love smoothie bowls check out these Chocolate and Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowls!
Pitaya Smoothie Bowls
- 4 frozen bananas, cut into pieces
- 2 packages Pitaya Plus frozen pitaya
- ½ – ¾ cup almond milk
- Fresh fruit, coconut, granola, cacao nibs, drizzle of honey
- Prepare toppings as needed (cut up fruit and get all toppings ready).
- Run warm water over the pitaya to make it easier to open.
- Add almond milk to a high speed blender.
- Break pitaya into a couple of pieces and add to blender. Break or cut bananas into several pieces and add to blender.
- Blend until smooth. Add additional almond milk as needed. Try to use as little as possible to avoid a soupy mixture. If using a Vitamix, you may need to use the tamper to help blend it. In other blenders, you may need to stop the blender and scrape the sides periodically. Depending on the size of your bananas and your blender, you may need to add more almond milk to get it to blend properly.
- Add some granola or other toppings to the bottom of two bowls. Add the pitaya nice cream on top, then add toppings. Enjoy immediately.