This 3 Bean Veggie Chili has been sponsored by Pyrex. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
A flavorful, hearty veggie chili that is packed with veggies and is perfect for meal prep!
Fall isn’t the same without a warming chili to enjoy. This veggie chili is packed with flavorful aromatics like celery, onion, garlic and jalepeños and a variety of beans and spices.
This recipe is perfect for meal prep and is great to save for lunches for the week. Another great time saver is to make double batch and freeze it for later. It’s always nice to have something easy that’s ready to go in the freezer!
I find these divided Pyrex MealBox containers are perfect for meal prep. They are made of durable glass, have tight fitting lids and are the perfect size! You can find them here.
Beans are super hearty and filled with heart and gut healthy fiber! This recipe calls for 3 types of beans for variety and more interest. If you only have one type of beans on hand, you can certainly just one one type.
This recipe is mildly spiced to make it more family friendly. Feel free to kick it up a notch with cayenne or hot sauce!
How to make 3 Bean Veggie Chili
To begin, I find easiest way to make anything is to prep all ingredients and spices first. It makes for a less stressful cooking experience! Therefore, I recommend chopping all veggies, opening can, and measuring spices in advance.
After all ingredients are prepared, add a tablespoon of avocado oil to a large pot and turn to medium heat. Once hot, add the bell pepper, carrots, celery, onion, garlic and jalepeño. Once the onions are translucent, add add the other ingredients and bring to a boil. If you like your veggies just a tad crisp, only cook it for 15 minutes. If you like your veggies more done, cook for 20 minutes or to your liking. Use any toppings you love and serve with corn bread if that’s your thing! Enjoy!
If you love hearty bean recipes, try Orange Chickpeas and Vegetables. This is a one pot meal that makes a great weeknight dinner!
3 Bean Veggie Chili
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, and diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 jalepeños, seeds removed and minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon and one pinch sea salt
- green onions, cilantro, avocado
- In a large Dutch oven or 8-quart pot, add 1 tablespoon avocado oil and turn heat to medium/high. Once heated add bell pepper, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, jalapeños and a pinch of salt. Sauté for 7 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add 3 cups vegetable broth, beans, diced tomatoes with their juices and spices (bay leaves, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt). Stir, increase heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and cook for 15-20 minutes uncovered (depending on how done you like your veggies). Stir every few minutes.
- Discard bay leaves and serve with optional toppings, if desired.