This chocolate hemp seeds thick shake is a healthier chocolate milkshake packed with superfoods!
This is a superfood chocolate hemp seed thickshake that is packed with protein and even a sneaky serving of cruciferous veggies. Don’t worry, you won’t even taste the veggies! When your whole family loves something, you know you have a winner. My mom also loves this smoothie and took some in for her coworkers to try and they all loved it as well.
This shake packs a serious nutrition punch! It honestly surprised me when I plugged in all the ingredients and looked at the nutrition profile. I knew it kept me satisfied and full for a long time and really gave me long lasting energy but WOW! It is definitely a meal, as it packs 539 calories, so keep this in mind. This particular smoothie is best consumed right away or kept in the fridge and consumed within one hour of making it. Otherwise, it is no longer a milkshake type consistency.
Some quick nutrition facts:
19 g of protein, 38% daily value
20 g of fiber, 83% daily value
18 g of fat, 28% daily value (full of healthy fats from the raw cacao and hemp seeds, optimal omega 3 to omega 6 ratio)
798 mg of calcium, 80% daily value
531 mg of magnesium, 133% daily value
61 mg of vitamin C, 103% daily value
8.65 mg of iron, 48% daily value
This is just the tip of the nutrition iceberg!
I hope you enjoy this chocolate hemp seed thickshake! It is:
Thick and chocolatey
Sweet but not too sweet
Filling and satisfying
Packed with protein, healthy fats, minerals and antioxidants!
Looking for more smoothies?
- Piña Kale-ada – Tropical, refreshing and delicious!
- Acai Antioxidant Smoothie – Packed with antioxidants and flavor!
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie – Subtly sweet with warming spices!
Chocolate Hemp Seed Thickshake
- High speed blender (i.e. Vitamix, Blendtec)
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablesoons cacao powder
- 2 medjool dates, pits removed (if your dates are small, add one more)
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 frozen banana, broken in thirds
- ½ cup ice
- Add the ingredients to a high speed blender in the order listed above.
- Blend thoroughly for 1-2 minutes until the ingredients are thoroughly combined. If you have a Vitamix, you may need to use the tamper to help blend it. If you do not have a high speed blender, you may need to add a bit more almond milk if it is too thick to blend. If you want a milkshake type consistency, don’t add too much almond milk.
- Best enjoyed immediately.