Guys! This recipe is an easy no bake recipe! Can I get an amen?! If you love dates and are looking for snacks that you can grab and go that are packed with nutrients and energy, give these superfood bliss balls a try! We aren’t using any added sugar in this recipe, just natural sweetness from dates. Protein from pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, and hemp seeds and healthy fats from these seeds as well as from the avocado. This may just satisfy that afternoon sweet craving and give you the energy boost that you need.
You will need a food processor fitted with an S blade. You can store these superfood bliss balls in the fridge or freezer. They will keep for up to one week in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer.
We hope you like these bliss balls! They are:
More snacking ideas!
- Super Seed and Dark Chocolate Squares no bake!
- Classic Hummus
- Healthy Crunchy and Chewy Granola
Superfood Bliss Balls
- Food processor
- 24 fresh medjool dates (I don't recommend using older dates that are very dry)
- 1 avocado, peeled and seed removed
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ½ teaspoon ceylon cinnamon
- pinch fine sea salt
- toppings for rolling (additional cacao powder, hemp seeds, chia seeds
- Ensure pits are removed from the dates. Add all ingredients to a food processor fitted with a S blade.
- Process for approximately 2-3 minutes until ingredients are thoroughly combined. You may need to stop the food processor several times and scrape the sides.
- Roll into balls of your desired size. Mine are about 3/4 the size of a golf ball. Roll into a topping if you are using one, and place on a plate or in a container.
- Place them in the freezer in a sealed container. Remove them as needed. I think they are perfect 5-10 minutes after you take them out of the freezer. They are also great straight out of the fridge. They will keep in the freezer up to 3 months. You can also store these in the fridge for up to one week.