This peach crisp is my new summer dessert favorite! It is so naturally sweet, crisp and juicy!
This peach crisp makes a perfect Sunday night dessert or to take to a get together. You can easily make this earlier in the day , let it cool on the counter, and bring it with you. No need to re-warm it later. Don’t forget to buy some ice cream. We really like coconut based ice cream. It is super creamy!
How to pick perfectly ripe peaches
Peaches are ripe when they are slightly soft and they give some when you press on them gently. It will have have a sweet aroma and will be fairly easy to peel. We are lucky to have various orchards around us. I usually buy my peaches days in advance to give them time to finish ripening by the time I need to use them.
What you need to make this crisp
- Coconut sugar
- Arrowroot starch (or corn starch)
- Almond meal or almond flour
- Finely shredded coconut
- Rolled oats
- Maple syrup
- Sea salt
How to make healthier peach crisp
You will need a 9” x 9” baking dish or a round pie dish and a medium sized mixing bowl. Make sure you get out all your ingredients. It so much easier when you go to make it when everything is sitting right in front of you.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Meanwhile wash and remove pits. Slice the peaches and add them all to your baking dish. Add 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar and 1 tablespoon of arrowroot starch and stir.
To your medium bowl add 1 cup almond meal or flour, 1/2 cup shredded coconut, 1 cup oats, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and stir. Add 1/2 cup maple syrup and stir thoroughly.
Drop the mixture by spoonfuls on top of the peaches and spread it out a bit. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Bake for 50 minutes until the topping is golden and crips and the peaches are bubbling. Serve room temperature or slightly warm with your favorite ice cream or whipped topping.
If you love crisps try this Very Berry Crisp or Healthier Apple Crisp!
Healthier Peach Crisp
- 5 cups peaches, peeld and pits removed, sliced, generous cups (approximately 5-6 peaches)
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch, can substitute corn starch
- 1 cup almond meal or almond flour (see recipes notes for how to make it yourself)
- ½ cup finely shredded coconut, sufite-free and unsweetened
- 1 cup rolled oats, gluten-free if needed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ice cream or whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set out a 9" x 9" baking dish or a round pie dish (deep pie dish).
- Add sliced peaches to the baking/pie dish. Add coconut sugar and arrowroot starch. Stir thoroughly. Set dish aside.
- In a medium bowl, add almond flour or almond meal, finely shredded coconut, oats, cinnamon, sea salt and stir thoroughly. Add maple syrup to the mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Drop the mixture by spoonfuls on top of the peaches and spread it out a bit. It doesn't have to be perfect! Some peaches peeping through here and there make it prettier.
- Bake for 50 minutes until golden, crisp and the peaches are bubbling.
- Let cool on counter some before serving. It is best served room temperature or slightly warm versus piping hot. Serve with your favorite topping! We like Luna and Larry's Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream! It is a coconut based, non-dairy ice cream and it is delicious! Enjoy