If you are looking for a simple, make ahead breakfast or snack, look no further! One serving of this vanilla chia pudding is packed with 13 grams of fiber which benefits digestive health by promoting regularity. Chia seeds contain a high level of antioxidants which helps fight free radicals and prevent premature aging. Chia seeds contain more omega 3s per gram than salmon. Omega 3s protect the heart by lowering inflammation, blood pressure and cholesterol. Chia seeds are wonderful for bone health, one serving of this pudding contains 25% of your calcium intake for the day. Make sure you chew the seeds thoroughly to help with digestion and assimilation of the nutrients.
How to make chia pudding
You will need just four ingredients to make this vanilla chia pudding; chia seeds, almond milk or milk of your choice, maple syrup and vanilla bean powder.
If you would like to make your own almond milk, check out this recipe. There’s a video as well if you want to see how to make it.
In a 16 ounce glass jar or similar glass container all add ingredients and give it a good shake. The key is to let it sit for 10 minutes and give it another shake before you put it in the fridge. This helps spread the chia seeds out so they don’t get too stuck together and end up in clumps. Then, place your container in the fridge overnight or for four hours.
This vanilla pudding makes a great breakfast or snack. I love to add fresh berries on mine! I hope you enjoy it!
More easy breakfast ideas
Vanila Chia Pudding
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or other plant milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Generous pinch vanilla bean powder
- fresh berries
- Use a 16 ounce mason jar or similar container. Place chia seeds, vanilla powder and maple syrup in container.
- Add almond milk and secure lid. Shake for 15 seconds.
- Wait 10 minutes and shake once more. Add a lid and place in fridge overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Serve with berries, other fresh fruit, granola cacao nibs, or other toppings.
Leave a Reply