This quick pasta salad is perfect to take your next get together! Ready in the amount of time it takes to heat the water and boil the noodles.
The inspiration behind this 20 minute Mexican pasta salad was quite frankly, me and my needs!! I was looking for something fast that I can take to a party that I know I can eat and enjoy. I don’t eat meat and many party foods I just don’t want, so a big pasta salad like this fits the bill in so many ways. It’s delicious, easy, loaded with veggies, includes beans for protein and it works well as a side or as a meal. Any dish that includes fresh sweet corn is a winner in my book! This is perfect for a BBQ or to take to work for lunch.
If you have never cut corn kernels off the cob before, there are two methods that I am aware of. One is, lay the corn on its side on a cutting board, and slice the kernels off. Then turn the corn a bit so the flat side you sliced is facing down, and keep cutting. Another option is to do it right into the bowl. Hold one end on top and put the other end in the bottom of the dish, then slice downwards. I always make an extra stop for fresh corn because it really does make a huge difference. One other thing I think makes a huge difference is using super sweet cherry tomatoes. I highly recommend super fresh, sweet ones.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! I have some other pasta salad ideas to share with you in the future! If you make this, tag me on Instagram so I can see your creations!
Another great salad to take to get togethers is this Quinoa, Arugula and Black-eyes peas salad!
20 Minute Mexican Pasta Salad
- 12 ounce dry fusilli pasta (gluten-free if needed) see recipe notes
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 ears raw sweet corn, kernels removed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber, peeled slighly and chopped (I peel 5-6 slivers off the cucumber and leave some green
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- hot sauce to taste or for serving
- Cook pasta per the box instructions.
- While your pasta is cooking, prepare veggies.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small food processor or a glass jar. Combine ingredients thoroughly.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl except the tomatoes, avocado and dressing.
- Add the tomatoes, avocado and dressing just prior to serving or about an hour before serving.
- Store in the fridge in a glass container for up to 5 days.